Berwick Carpark Walkway

Berwick Car Park Walkway plaque Transcription This walkway & lighting upgrade / was constructed by / the City of Casey, with funding / from the Safer Suburbs Program. / Officially opened by / Laura Smyth MP / on 13 June 2013. An Australian Government Initiative.                  

Lang Lang Cemetery

  Little Louisa Mary Pickersgill was just two years old when she became the first person to be buried at Lang Lang Cemetery. Sadly, Louisa’s younger brother Samuel became the third person to be buried there only seven months later. In 1886 Louisa and Samuel, and their older brother Robert (aged four) lived with their… Read More

Maryknoll Recreation Reserve

Patrick Clancy plaque Transcription In memory of / Patrick Joseph Clancy / A founding member of / St. Mary’s Co-operative Society Ltd / 1920-1996 Edward Knox plaque Transcription In memory of / Edward (Ted) Knox / A loyal member of / St. Mary’s Co-operative Society Ltd / 1928-1996 Gabrielle Williams plaque Transcription In memory of… Read More

Koo Wee Rup Picnic Shelter

First Cattle Run in Area plaque Transcription This memorial was erected in conjunction / with the Shire of Cranbourne and the / Koo Wee Rup Swamp Historical Society in / 1987 to commemorate the establishment of / the first cattle run in this area in 1839 by / Robert Jamieson, Samuel Rawson and others. Opening… Read More

Tynong War Memorial

  War Memorial plaque Transcription This memorial / is dedicated to those / men and women of Tynong area / who served their country / in / Boer War, World War 1, World War 2 / Korea, Vietnam. Dedication plaque Transcription Local amateur geologist, Mrs Mary Ann Ryan, / suggested to the National War Memorial… Read More

Maryknoll Post Office, General Store and Co-operative Society

Plaque Transcription This is the site of the original / Post Office/General Store / and office of / St. Mary’s Co-operative Society. / Blessed and opened by / Archbishop D. Mannix D.D. / on the 3rd day of October 1955.                

GWS Anderson Scout Camp

George William Strachan Anderson (1889-1951) was the Chief Commissioner of the Boy Scouts Association, Victoria from 1937 until his death on 19 July 1951. GWS Anderson’s scouting career began in 1926 when he started a Troop at Malvern. In 1928 GWS Anderson, together with 4 others purchased the Malvern District Camp at Officer. The name… Read More

Alan Nicholson seat

Alan Nicholson plaque Transcription In Memory of / Alan Nicholson 27.10.46 – 21.8.13 A character and friend to many, / whose love of Berwick / rang out through his smile / and all that he did. Sadly missed by those who loved and knew him. / Forever in our hearts. “Bring me Sunshine …in your… Read More

Beaconsfield Avenue of Honour

Transcription (Plaque 1) Beaconsfield Avenue of Honour 1914-1918 In 1928 Beaconsfield Progress Association applied to the Country Roads Board to plant the / Avenue and funding was provided by Ada Armytage. Black poplar trees were planted in 1929 / to honour the 65 servicemen from Beaconsfield and district who served in World War 1. /… Read More

Jack Eudey drinking fountain

Jack Joseph Eudey drinking fountain plaque Transcription In memory / of / Jack Joseph Eudey / councillor / Shire of Ferntree Gully / 1951-1954