Casey Cardinia Remembers
Our latest posts:
Cannons Creek Foreshore Reserve Gazebo plaque Transcription This Gazebo was supplied / by the / Community Building / Initiative Project / and funded by the Helen McPherson Smith Trust 2010
There is one plaque in the hall and a number of pictures donated by the Bunyip & District History Committee. We have included the two photographs with names in the transcriptions, the other photographs are included to present the complete picture. Emil Shelly plaque Transcription In grateful recognition of / the generous assistance /… Read More
Timbarra Community and Children’s Centre Opening Ceremony plaque Transcription Timbarra Community / and Pre-School Centre This building was Officially Opened by / Hon. Robert Maclellan / Minister for Planning / on Saturday, 10 July 1993 Cr Trevor V Smith, JP/Mayor
Lindsay and Jean King plaque Transcription In memory / of / Lindsay and Jean King Few have shown such passion and enthusiasm as Lindsay and Jean King for / Cranbourne, for local history and for Australian culture. Together for more / than 60 years, they used their talents to entertain and educate local school /… Read More
Father Wilfred Pooley was the driving force behind the establishment of the rural Catholic settlement of Maryknoll in 1949. More information on Father Pooley and the establishment of Maryknoll can be found at Casey Cardinia – links to our past. A plaque remembering Father Pooley is situated in the hall’s foyer. When we visited… Read More
Opening Ceremony plaque Transcription Cannons Creek / Community Place This building was officially opened by / the Mayor, Cr Ron Mantel, / on the 18th February 2001.
Home to the Cannons Creek Community Place Bonne Watson Reserve information board Transcription (1st paragraph) The Bonnie Watson Reserve One of the earliest pioneers of Cannons Creek was the Watson family. Their gift of this 10 acres of land provided a recreation reserve for the people of / the creek. In the 1940’s the block… Read More
Opening Ceremony plaque Transcription Australian Government Narre Warren Community Education and Training Facility / was officially opened on 12 August 2011 / by the Hon Anthony Byrne PM, Member for Holt. Funding for this project was provided / by the Australian Government.
Doveton Community Centre plaque Transcription Doveton Community Centre March 2011 In 2010 the Art Works outside the Hall were vandalised. The Hall Committee of Management, with the aid of a grant / from the City of Casey Council, hired local artist Tim Oates to restore the Murals and Totem. The original Plaque was found in… Read More
Originally part of the Pakenham Park property owned by J Reg. Henty (James Reginald Henty). Described as a progressive farmer, Reg Henty had the pond dug c1900 in order to diversify and increase the property’s income. Reference: Cardinia Shire Heritage Study Vol 3 by Graeme Butler & Associates.